Sunday, April 5, 2009

Social Networking - how much does it really help?

I say it helps a ton!!!! Not only have I used things like LinkedIn and Twitter, but also FaceBook.com and probably a ton of others that I don't remember. I was doing a contract at Honeywell some time ago and I knew it was running short on time. The commute was horrible but the technology was awesome to work with; unfortunatly the contract was ending so I didn't want to be with0ut a position.

When I first started with Honeywell I was responsible for sourcing and recruiting HR and recruitment professionals. This made a huge impact on my LinkedIn database. When the time came, it was funny how this person found me. I got hired at Freescale before the contract ended and enjoyed my time there.

Social networking has become a pivitol part of this era. When I was first getting into the recruiting business, technology was advancing, but no one really knew the capability of what we could grab ahold of. Since that time, the power of social networking (internet and in person) has boomed with the birth of the sites mentioned above as well as many others.

I know in this this economy searching for a job can be very tough so it is important to stick in there. By keeping your network strong you have a better chance of landing the ideal position than someone who does nothing but uses a job board.

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment